Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Junction 8 and Slam Movie Review

Back yoz,

Went to Junction 8 with Darrel and Xin today but before that me and shi han went to MDIS to get a better understanding of the courses. It turns out that I actually qualify for the IT course...Sweet!(now the only thing to do is to decide whether I want it anot...great...)

Anyways, after the MDIS trip i went to meet with Darrel and Xin before we went to Junction 8 to watch a movie. We intent to watch a movie at around 2pm, but due to our inability to make a decision we were unable to watch it.

Question: what caused the delay?
Henry:well...the reason is because Darrel insisted that we watch "Shutter" while I insisted that we watch "Slam".
Question: why is this a prob?
Henry:real simple...I DON'T WANT TO WATCH A HORROR MOVIE! Yeah I said it, I hate watching horror movies because erm...well I JUST DISLIKE IT, every since I was young my parents had Forbidden me to watch horror movies, the reason? I dunno, maybe its because i talk in my sleep when i watch them...yeah...a little toooooo much information...pretend you didn't read that :D

At around 3.15 Darrel, after much persuasion and pleading, FINALLY agreed to watch slam with us, though the price of his presence did not come cheap, I had to fork out 50% of his movie ticket for him! talk about tearing me from limp to limp(joking i did it willingly;D).

Time:4.18

Venue: Cinema

Ironic twist to the plot: Only 6 people were present in the cinema =.='''

Movie: SLAM

Movie Review: Have you ever received an unexpected gift from a friend before? like its not a special occasion but they just felt like giving you something? Well "Slam the movie" is close to it, as when the opening sequence of the movie begins, you are literally taken by surprise the film begins with clips of the sky being replayed over and over again, since there is no narration your initial response should be "what is this?! I paid to watch some basketball!", but just as you finish your sentence the movie takes you to the scene of a high school in China leaving you puzzled but attentive. I'm not gonna spoil the plot of the movie by giving you a summary(but I'm sure you all will check wikipedia.org for it :P) what i can say about the movie is that the movie revolves around a teenager named mouth(yeah mouth) and his journey evolution from a above average baller to a competitive player, his life is not all fun and games as he has to deal with the school bullies, a crush and his stereotypical father. The movies plot is enjoyable and enough to keep viewers hooked for 1 hour 30 mins, though some parts of the movie may get them confuse and the explanation of why mouth wears padding on his ankles are not explained, but overall the movies plot and filming is worthy of the viewers money.

Plot:8/10

Directing:7/10

Awe level:7/10

Lasting Appeal:8/10

Development: 9/10

Overall: 39/50

Rank:Worth Watching

ranking system: 1-10 don't bother, 10-20 you can give it a miss, 20-30 average, 30-40 worth watching, 40-50 Excellent!

So that's all for now and.

Henry out again.