Monday, April 28, 2008

Building Maintenace

Yeah!


Just came back from building maintenance, i am dead beat right now, had to clean the railings and vacuum the stairs. I never knew how hard it was to keep the Church spotless, building maintenance is no joke and its serious work, but i had a lot of fun doing it! (OK i had fun, BIG DEAL!)
The most memorable moment happened when i was vacuuming the stairs near the Arcade in Church. I was removing the plug of the vacuum and replugging the television when i saw the wire moving away form me, at that moment i reacted according to my animal instincts and pounced on the fleeing wires, I managed to grab it(NICE WORK! :D) only to discover that my efforts were in vain as the vacuum had already tumbled down the stairs. Stunned i lied there to regain my composure, when i finally calm down, i found that my hands were trembling(guess the impact of the fall was harder then i had expected) but i had more important issues to address, like the wreckage that was once a vacuum that sucked water better then dust. When i went down to check the debris, i was petrified the vacuum was destroyed into 5 parts a base, a ring, a ball, the top & a small screw. Initially i expected the BMIC's to be displeased and yell at the top of their lungs, but instead they asked if i was injured from the fall, they even assisted me invacuuming the stairs(though later Shi han came to help, THANKS BRO :D). From this experience i was amazed at the attitude and efficiency of the BM crew, the way they presented themselves to others are alien to me, today i gain a higher Respect and Love for the BM Crew as they are the unsung heroes who maintan Heart Of GOD the way it is.(THANKS GUYS! YOU ROCK! :D)
Oh and to end things i have to say that my first lesson in MDIS was not too shabby, the lecture hall was really nice! will take pictures when i go back there again(think next monday :D) and the lecturer was really nice and interactive(though the things she are teaching seemed abit inrelevant to IT). What is the worst part of MDIS? easy, CABBING!!! Shi Han and I spent like $10 each on cabs(and i still owe Han $2.50, I will pay back for YOU ARE NOT MY MASTER ONLY JESUS FOR ME :P).


OK GTG NOW!
HENRY OUT!