Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Gen

Learning from the New Generation

Recently I have been going back to my old Secondary School Bedok North, Not to make trouble but much rather to go and Help out haha, so yeah I have been going back to good'ol BNSS for 2 days already(I missed 1 day due to "the Flow"), and I have been given the humble task to do GARDENING!

Haha for the first day all I did was just dig up the soil from the Pots and water the plants, but today...I GOT A PROMOTION! haha from today onwards I will officially be the Aesthetic Gardener! Whoo! I have been given the task to Beautify the front part of the School and trust me, it is a MAJOR jump haha! because now I don't have to dig up the plants, which means my hands will be clean and a Clean Henry is a Happy Henry :D

At 3pm, I went to the school field to train with the School's softball team, and to my surprise the old C boys(now B boys) all still remember me! they filled me in on what I missed during my years absence(BNSS won Silver in the East zone and was ranked top 8 last year! they are now competing in the Semi-finals!)

Training with the B boys was really TIRING!!!!! haha I was totally out of Sync with them as they did their drills! wow its surprising what not training can do to you! I was like a Hen in Air with no Parachute on the pitch, Flapping my arms around trying to catch their 70 mph passes and clucking for fear when they batted the balls in my direction. But still it was fun catching up and training with them again, its been too long haha!

OK! I have to tell you the Shiokest Moment of training! My old Coach actually still remembers My Clique and I, haha he was extremely stunned to see me training again and asked about how Yong Xin, Ronson & I were doing, he still looked the same, Strong, Muscular, good looking and 164cm tall. But that is not the shiok moment no no no! haha the shiok moment came when he introduced me to the C boys! Here's exactly what he says!

Coach Kenny: OK, Sec 1's meet your new temporary Coach, Henry. Yeah He was one of my ex-Softball players and he will be teaching you guys the basics.

one word...

SHIOK!!!!!!!!!

HAHA! yeah I'm going to be Coaching the Secondary 1 students in Softball! but of course the shiokness only lasted for 15mins, because training the Secondary 1 students is harder than I thought, they have no foundation nor Basics knowledge of softball! so yeah I got pretty pissed training them, and made them run 6 laps around the around the field(Yeah that's the Mean Black Irritating Hen inside of me) but no worries, being the coach I ran with them.

Then out of the blue, a Stray fly ball flew and hit one of the secondary one students Pierre on the head, and immediatley everyone on the pitch ran towards him to see if he was alright, seeing this I remembered how together the Softball Team used to be and how everyone was a Team player and not a Superstar. Everyone cared for Pierre so much that they would rush to aid him when he was injured. Who says Neighbourhood School's don't have Culture? You just have to look for it at the Right Places, and its just awesome that the Culture is similar to the Ethos of Heart Of God Church. I felt like an Old Dog learning new Tricks today, Learning from the New Generation. Our God is Amazing.

Henry OUT