Tuesday, June 3, 2008

NO BMT for you.

"BOOM!"

That's the sound of yet another bombshell being dropped in my life last night, Courtesy of My Results. Last night at around 11.30pm Mong asked me and Shi han to call his phone, thinking that it might be another prayer conference I wasn't really preparing myself for what was about to come. Mong told us that there was good news and bad news, well we chose the bad news and it was that we are not going for BMT. I was literally dumbfounded and asked Mong what the god news was, And he explained the Academic Excellence of the church and how our L1 R5 must be below 20 to be able to serve as Pastors think that doing a Ministry might hurt our results.
Throughout the whole conversation, I never spoke a word, I was overwhelmed by sadness and regret. Sadness because I was really looking forward to BMT for a few weeks now and out of the blue I am not allowed to go for it. Regret because I did not do well enough for my 'O' Level Examination.


At that moment I was in denial, I kept telling myself that this was unfair and that I should not be judge on my efforts for my 'O' levels by my past results and not be allowed to serve in Church. I did not sleep a wink last night as I was just pondering the question, even though Mong told us to call him if we keep thinking about the problem. The spiral downwards was beginning again; I began asking God why these things are happening in my life, I could feel myself falling into a bottomless pit, going deeper and deeper.

Then in my heart, I heard this small voice tell me, "Everything Happens For A Reason, Its How You Face And Respond To Them That Will Eventually Determine The Outcome, So Instead Of Sulking and Hating, Why Not Tell Yourself That You Can Overcome These Problems And When The Dust Has Cleared, A New Henry Will Be Standing There Among The Debris Victorious And Ready For Bigger Challenges With His New Armed Faith And Confidence."

Suddenly, The Hate and Sadness inside of me evaporated. I finally know why Pastors has the Academic Excellence Programme, because they care and want us to succeed in life and do not want us to fail in life because we are too overly committed in serving God and Church thus causing our Downfall. So instead of being sad, Rejoice! for now I have time to Juggle my MDIS school work and Study For my 'O' Levels! And who says the only way to serve in Church is to be in a ministry? There are Hundreds of other ways to serve Church and God! Like Bringing the lost and saving them, Doing Weekly Building Maintenance, fulfilling Your Building Funds and Many MORE WAYS!

So Yeah! Why always look on the Bad side of things when you can look on the good side, for the bad may not always be bad and the good may not always be good, for you have the power to determine whether you are on the good or bad side. :D

Henry OUT!