Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Common Question

Life is filled with crossroads, the right path may not always be right

Checking back on the date of my last entry, It was dated 21 july 2009?! Woah! My Blog has officially died! Haha and if you think it's because I'm too lazy then you're about 75% Correct! :P
Yeah but the other 25% was due to the fact that I was invovled in the National day Parade, which sucked up much of my time! but it was a experience I would never forget as during that period I experienced what it was like to lead the slack life!

Haha yeah those who had talked to me in the past while I was still doing NDP would be extremely shocked at reading this message, but yeah! I have to say that the NDP peroid was actually the slackest part of my life at 30 so far! even though we have to do monotounus work everyday, get our weekends burned while at the same time get scoleded for packing too slow, it was during this peroid that I got to know my platoon mates and actually create genuine and real relationships with them!

On contrast, I also experience what is like to live the tiring
life in 30. The life I have now revovles aorund the pull up bar, My rifle and the floor!(for doing lots of Push ups) though it's no longer monotounus anymore! it has become physically and mentally exhausting for me and my platoon mates to handle(even the very fit ones) after leading two totally different lives for the past 4months, I began to wonder about one of the dilemma every single NS will face in His Army Journey, To Chiong or not to Chiong?

I always thought that in the Army, as long as you don't do anything stupid you won't get in trouble. But in 30 I've learnt that the theory is totally wrong! as in 30, you can get pumped for doing something correct! So the question of whether or not to chiong kept popping up in my mind, should I be a Up Soldier and volunteer for everything or be the first person to run down the hill to fix the Short trackway Bridge? or should I be the person who stands at the corner working my eye power and just spends most of the day whining and complaining about how sucky the life there is?


Well, I believe that after 4 months, I've come up with the perfect solution, the idea is to be


Real.

Haha, yeah! it's that simple! just be Real! just be who you are! you don't have to be the first person carrying the stores into the tunnel, but neither should you be the person standing there looking at the rest work, the logic is simple! if you're too slack in the Army, people will hate you! but if you're too Garang, they will still hate you! haha because when you're too slack, they label you as a chao keng who just want to smoke you're way through the excercise, but if you're too up, you get labelled as a Wayang who just wants to kiss up to the commanders!

But if you stay Real and do you're part, no one will say anything! in fact! you will most likely be the person who is well liked by everyone in the company!(inculding your Commanders!)

So yeah, I've decided that for the next 1 year 7 months of
my army life, I'm not gonna Chao keng my way to become a Store man, nor will I chiong my way to become a Coporal first class, instead I'm gonna keep my eyes on the prize and win the hearts and soul of the people in 30 for the Kingdom. Anything is possible with God, but possibilities become reality when you trust and rely on Him.

Love,
Henry