Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Talents

Talents are Given, But Abilities are Trained.

When I was young(Much much much younger than I am now), I used to always be Jealous of my Older Brother Kenny A.K.A Kenneth or As I call him at Home 老K(Which is also short for King in Poker for saying 國王紙牌 is seriously a mouthful for most people.)

The Reason I was Jealous was not because of his Devastatingly Good looks(I mean yeah he's Gorgeous but c'mon Its only Skin Deep :P) nor of his ability to Make and mimic almost anything! OK maybe I am Exaggerating so 控告我的男子...Google Translator messed my words up..but you should know what I mean!(www.translate.google.com Its super useful!) I'm Jealous of My brother because he was good at everything he did! Literally! When it comes to School, He is like so much stronger than me(He got 70-80 I got 50-60) when it comes to playing Games he always Trashes me!(I never won him in Snakes and Ladders before! NEVER!!!)

So Growing up I was a Really Faithless Boy, Whenever I did Things I would just look to my right, See my Brother Excel and just Give up half way and just Stone(maybe that's why I developed a very Stone Face...hmmm...)

The reason I am telling you all this is because recently I have been reading my Dictionary(yep Dictionary!) and when I came upon the Word Faith and there are many Definitions to Faith.

Faith: A strong Belief That someone or Something can be trusted to be Right or to do the right thing."
Faithful: Remaining Loyal To a Person, Belief.
Faithfully: To promise that you will definitely do something.
Faithless: Someone who is faithless Cannot be trusted.

Looking at these definitions, I noticed the pattern that Faith is a Positive definition for Trust and Belief in Someone or Something, but when you add a few words behind it the meaning is Changed totally. Like When you add Ful into Faith it becomes Faithful which is a Positive Meaning for Loyalty and Belief and when you add Fully it becomes Faithfully which means Obedience and Responsibility. But when you add the word less, faith becomes Faithless which is a negative meaning for being not trustworthy and skeptical.

So what's that got to do with the things you mention above? Simple :) The Reason why I could not win 老K in the past already, was neither because He was more Talented then me nor because he was Better, but rather He had more Faith and thus he had more confidence and Eventually resulting in him having Ability. The Things that Pastor Preached a few months ago began Clicking and it all finally made sense, Though I enjoyed pastor's sermon on Confidence(17 may 2008) I never truly understood the meaning of "Faith is CONFIDENCE" in the past I always thought that with confidence Faith will come automatically, in a way that's not wrong but the order was inappropriate.

My problem last time was that I was Faithless, and thus I was unable to develop my talents as I have no self-belief or confidence. But does that mean that I am limited to what I am? NO. One reason I love the word Faith is because you can never find a single word in the dictionary that says absolutely no faith, the only reason the describe someone with no faith is to use two words like absence of Faith. So what does that mean? It means that There is no such thing as NO Faith at all, there is only Less Faith thus Faithless. Plus you can never find a word that says Absolute Faith, for there is only Faithful and Faithfully Both which are of the same levels.

So your saying that Faith is all you need to succeed? Yes and No, No as in you can't rely just on Faith for you have to put in Hard work to achieve abilities. Yes as in with Faith you get Spurred on to Give your best A.K.A Hard work.

Its So Awesome to see everything Link together! Talents are a Gift from God, but with Faith and Hard work you can also Achieve the abilities, Take the Superbowl of 2008.

The Giants(10W-6L-0T) were playing against The Unstoppable Patriots(16W-0L-0T) who were on an NFL record 18 wins in a row season, but throughout the match the Giants Matched the Patriots Play for Play. And when it count, they Scored the winning touchdown, The Final score was Giants 17-14 Patriots. Nobody expected the Giants to win but By Faith and Hard Work/Determination They Managed to defeat the Goliath of the Modern Day.

If Talent were so important in developing Abilities then Sports Athletes like Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayour would not be where they are today, AC Milan and Arsenal Respectively. And if not for Hard Work would I be Able to rhyme like this?
Yo ho Rhyme Time:
Yo ho Yo ho! Ha He Ha He Check it!
The name rings a Bell
But without a face I cannot tell
So ask them to give me A call
and I will bring them to play ball
Make them form a Team
And Watch me Make them scream
By Wiping the Windscreen
And Treating them Ice-Cream
Word! Beat That y'all!
Rhymes and Rhyme by Henry Bo Hizza Cai Maestro
CopyRighted Very Bad Lyrics Productions 2008.
Hey this is the Chinese Version for People who don't know English!
but what you doing on my blog in the first place?
协青社何韵时间:
呦呦何何!公顷他公顷他检查!
名称戒指,一个钟
但没有一面对我不能告诉
因此,要求他们给我一个电话
我将带来他们打球
使他们形成一个团队
和观赏我,使他们尖叫
由擦挡风玻璃
和治疗他们的雪榚
字!巡逻认为y'all !
语言和韵律由亨利公报hizza蔡大师受版
权保护的极坏的歌词制作的2008年。
I love Playing With Words :P
Henry OUT or According to Google Translator 唐英年指出